Tuesday 20 September 2011

Recording your approaches

To measure improvement in the social arts, it can be useful to record your approaches and interactions. For me, in terms of approaches, I record the following information:

(1) Sets I opened
(2) Sets I hooked (number close or instant date)
(3) Sets I passed up.

(2)/(1) measures your hit rate, so you know how many sets you have to open, on average, to get a hit. The "hook" here refers to some event with tangible results, like a number close or instant date, and not the actual use of the term. A simple conversation can have many hook points, but that's another thing altogether.

(3)/(1+3) measures the percentage of opportunities that are passing by, girls that passed that you could have approached but you didn't take it.

So for example, on the way to meet T on 12 sept, I recorded the following:

12/9/11
(1) Sets I opened: 3
(2) Sets I hooked: 0
(3) Sets I passed up: 3

So for that day, my hit rate was 0%, and my pass up rate was 50%. That means I could have approached 50% more but I didn't, for whatever reason, I have to reflect. On average, my hit rate for GID is between 1/7 - 1/6 or 14-16%. I know that for every 7 or so sets that I GID, 1 should "hook". 

Why do I want to measure my Hit rate? This is useful when I need to do some goal planning. Say I need to bring 3 girls for the acolyte infield on rockstar night. I know that for 7 sets that I open, 1 will hook. So if I need to bring 3 girls, I need to approach at least 21 sets before rockstar night. This is also useful if you plan to bring social proof to a party coming up on your horizon soon.

There is also a conversion rate that I'm thinking about, ie how many numbers convert into lays, or how many first dates convert into lays, but I haven't figured out how to do that yet, or whether that is even useful.

Interestingly yours, 
Echelon

3 comments:

  1. Just to let you know, while it's absolutely awesome that you're keeping track of what you want to improve, the way you talk about real people in this post is creepy. Hit rate???

    Do you think you're going around "hitting" people? You're not shooting alien monsters in some computer game. This is real life with real people with tons of unknown, uncontrollable variables.

    However, if the women you are approaching are 1) emotionally available, 2) on the look-out for new men, and 3) in a positive frame of mind, and if you're being as sincere and powerful as you can while delivering your Genuine Interest Direct opener, you should be "hooking" ("hitting") at a much higher rate. The normal range for my alumni is 33%-80%, depending on various other factors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey David, thanks for your feedback! "Hit rate" is actually a sales term for the conversion of sales opportunities (sorry, work hazard). I didn't mean to refer to me actually hitting people haha. But now that I'm aware of it I'll probably think of more suitable name. "Hook rate" you say?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, thanks for the clarification, Echelon. Maybe it's sales that's the creepy field then, lol.

    ReplyDelete