Saturday 17 September 2011

My most important lesson from David and the essence of Aura

If you would ask me one day what the most profound impact david has had on my life, I would reply that it has less to do with women, and more to do with myself.

Learning with David has opened my eyes. I hate that cliche expression but I don't have a better phrase that describes it so well. He's opened my eyes in terms of what is possible, but more importantly, he's taught me to be comfortable with myself, what I have, and how to be assertive. It's interesting how such qualities go a long way in life and not just in the academy. These lessons were not taught in the lectures that he gave, they were given to me in the 1-1 interactions between us. Early on he mentioned that the 1-1 would be the true value that he was offering. Personal access to him. He was right.

My perspective of the leveling system in aura mirrors that growth. When he first introduced the leveling system in aura, I thought to myself "Nah he's just making us jump through hoops. No way am I going to do his stupid infield tests. I'm just going to stay at apprentice with everyone" But as I saw the excitement build up around the apprentices at the time on the first rockstar night, I decided to give it a shot. David told me to approach these girls, and I did. It wasn't that hard, but I didn't realize that others had much more difficulty with it. Because my promotion came so easily, I took it for granted. It would be another 5 months before I would graduate to ambassador.

The level system, as I see it now, represents different levels of growth.

As an apprentice, you're just starting out. You have to learn what's in the dark before you can face it. Your graduation requirement requires you to demonstrate that you can face the darkness and charm 3 girls to bounce with you. Such a skill is foundational for later skill sets.

As an acolyte, you start to have an awareness that you might have some control over that darkness. The essence of the acolyte level is the social circle, which takes a long time to form, but it will serve as a council for you as you grow from strength to strength. The test of such an ability is the graduation requirement of 3 girls together, united and by your side. It also demonstrates your ability to bring social proof when you need it, which is very important.

At the ambassador level, you get the sense that you could actually become a real mover and shaker in the underground. A lord, if you will, of the darkness. You fight at a level that most people are unaware of. You influence and build social networks in a way that is unheard of. People don't know what you doing, which is both natural and in a very big way. You think on a more macro level. The graudation requirements are hard. Like playing a game on nightmare mode. There are no saves, you have to take more risks, tougher enemies and go at it with all the skills you've learnt in the previous 2 levels. If you make it, you become a master.

What's at mastery? I don't know. From what I heard from David, it seems that its a more workshop style. Who knows. At that time, your aura will probably be so strong your presence will be felt.

It's the journey that counts, not the end.


XXX,
Echelon

Ps: Has anyone looked up the meaning of echelon? ;)

Singapore Dating Academy: AURA

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. It's actually very helpful feedback. Knowing what one is doing well is just as, if not more, helpful than knowing what one is doing wrong. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot WAIT to read more of this. You clearly know what youre talking about, why waste your intelligence on just posting videos to your blog when you could be giving us something.

    ReplyDelete