Sunday 18 September 2011

Getting Tested for STDs...

As I got better in the social arts, I thought it might be prudent to go for a check up to clear me of any STDs. One girl I slept with before told me that I was her first...I later found out, a year later, that I was her seventh. That was a real shocker for me. I think, as a precaution, it might be good to go for a check up once every 6 months or so. A friend of mine, actually, his dad, used to make him go for a check up every 6 months or so. His dad wouldn't bother about what he actually did as long as he went for his check ups lol.

If you're in a University, they can usually do the checkups for you at a subsidised rate, and the medication that they give is damn cheap, especially the morning-after-pill. So if you're in a college and you can take advantage of this, go for it.

Otherwise, you can just google for STD clinics in your area. If you're in Singapore, the cheaper (government subsidised) medical centre is the National Skin Centre. Do be warned though, in the event that you are tested HIV positive, they will do a contact tracing and inform all your sexual partners. This is mandatory, apparently.

If you want have a discreet checkup, check out the DSC clinic. They won't do any contact tracing or anything like that, so it's much more discreet. They charge full rates, however, so it helps if you know what you want to test for. Do also check out the free condoms that they hand out at the entrance:)

Lastly, don't bother trying to get free testing by donating blood. It's not a comprehensive checkup, and if you lie on your donation form about the purpose for your blood donation (to get a free STD checkup), you are criminally liable so its definitely not worth it. If you happen to pass the medical screening but the patient who receives your blood gets some disease from your blood transfusion down the road, you are also criminally liable. So again, it's definitely not worth it. Don't do it.

Live Strong,
Echelon



Singapore Dating Academy: AURA

1 comment:

  1. This is first time I learn about this topic. I like that very much. That is very kind of you to do this for us. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete