Monday 12 September 2011

Date with J

J is a beautician that I met at a local spa centre. She was very friendly, helpful and easy to talk to so I got her number and asked her out. It took a few tries but she agreed to meet me last night for dinner.

I find that girls take it really well when you complement them on their dressing, especially if they dress up for you. J was wearing really dressy sandals and that was the first thing I said when I met her at the mrt near my place. Dinner was at an eatery near my place, and then to a familiar roof garden in the area for isolation.

Sometimes you never know what a person is like until she tells you her lifestory. I love listening to life stories, it gives you a great sense of who the person is, what the person has experienced, and why the person is the person I see today. As she is talking and sharing, she's giving you investment, both by talking (doing the work) and sharing her private information. You don't have to constantly think of how to drive the conversation, which leaves one less thing for you to worry about.

J shared how she came from a family that used to run a traditional family medicine business, and how she eventually wound up in Singapore working in a Spa. She showed me some pictures on her phone, which included a few pictures of tattoos. I was surprised that she had a few tattoos on her body, and in the relative isolation on the roof garden she showed them to me, one on back just below the neck, and the other just above her bum. She also has a naval ring, which she undid and pulled out the stud for me to examine. Wow. I couldn't tell any of this just by looking at her...she looks so nice. I was reminded of a quote by Zan Perrion:
"The more a girl likes you, the more virtuous she will appear"
Apparently, in her younger days, she was an extreme party goer, short skirts, hard liquor, late nights, boyfriends. Now that she's older she's mellowed a lot. I listened to her as I caressed her tattoos.

I took her back to my place but not long enough to seduce her. She needed to get home for work early tomorrow, so I didn't force it. Some times patience is needed for these things. I bade her farewell and hoped to see her again.




Singapore Dating Academy: AURA

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate your wonderful knowledge and the time you put into educating the rest of us. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it.

    ReplyDelete